Roll out the red carpet folks, it’s awards season!
Thank you, Sascha Darlington and Arjun Shivaram, for this award nomination. I have never been an optimist. I have to try hard to be hopeful. This award brings a little sunshine with it and makes it a little easier.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
This award was a huge surprise because, my blog is only 25 days old and I never thought my posts were particularly sunshiny. However, if I managed to make at least one of my readers smile, then I would consider that a job well done.
I would like to thank all of my readers for their time, support and delightful insights.
QUESTIONS FROM SASCHA:
1. What is one thing that you wished people knew or understood about you?
I think most people understand me quite well. I only wish, I could get my point across with eloquence and detachment, while in conversation. I find that pretty difficult to do.
2. What is your favorite food?
Gutti Vankaya. It is a south Indian style peanut and spice based curry with stuffed and boiled egg plant in it…Yummmy.
I also love most pastries and baked goods.
3. What book, tv show, or movie gave you the biggest laughs lately?
The Big Bang Theory, it is an amazing show and eerily similar to my real life.
Also, the Percy Jackson book series, by Rick Riordan. It is a hilarious take on Greek and Roman mythology.
4. If you could discover one thing that would change the world you live in, what would it be?
We have changed so much already, thanks to the generations of men and women, who labored in our cause. I believe we can keep moving forward on that path, by sticking to our convictions and following our conscience.
So, I would like to age to a distinguished 50, and then, discover an elixir that will keep me healthy enough to watch real change come by, however long that might take 😛
5. Do you believe that there is life on other planets?
Yes, I do. The universe is so very vast, it would be a conceit to believe otherwise.
QUESTIONS FROM ARJUN:
1. What is that one book you keep going back to?
A series called ‘Everest’, by Gordon Korman. They are just three small books by scholastic, meant for children, but I keep going back to them, especially whenever I have no energy or motivation.
2. Do you deem your existence worth recounting in a biography? If not, why?
Not yet, because glorious deeds are yet to pass.
3. What is your taste/genre in Cinema?
Action and animation, preferably both in one movie.
4. Any sins you are proud of?
Prone to all seven deadly sins. Proud of all of them except sloth.
5. Any achievements you regret?
Any that came at the expense of others. I regret them, but I wouldn’t undo them.
6. Do you see yourself as a successful author in future? If yes, then of what kind of book?
Not a very good writer. This blog is just a fun side project. So, this question doesn’t apply 😛
7. What are your 3 most favorite blogs on WordPress?
That’s a tricky question. Truthfully I don’t have a favorite, I just enjoy people’s opinions, whatever they may be.
8. According to you, in a line, what is the future of Indian writing in English?
Booming, with a whole new generation of writers ready to take the plunge.
9. You must be moonlighting as a writer. I am sure. What is your day life, and how passionate you are about it?
I’m a doctor. Medicine has two components, the science and the service. I am passionate about the service and fascinated by the science.
10. What is your one-word description of yourself?
I love being a part of this blogging community. I enjoy most of the blogs that I read here. It is hard to pick. However, needs must. So, here are my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Mother Willow
- Sumyanna Writes
- The Bag Lady
- It’s Digant
- Nam H Nguyen
- World Wide Civil
- K’ Clips
- Southern By Design
- Indira’s Blog
- Karim Foda
If you choose to accept this nomination, here are my questions for you:
- Which two facts, do you like most about yourself?
- What is your favorite novel?
- Which movie did you enjoy watching the most as a child?
- Which two people would you love to have a conversation with?
- If you won the Nobel prize, who would you thank?
- What is your dream destination?
- Which superpower do you covet, and why?
- If you could change something about this world, what would it be?
- Do you believe there is life on other planets? If yes, why?
- What is your one-word description of yourself?